The use of this web site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
- GRID-Arendal maintains this website (the “Site”) on behalf of Arctic PASSION consortium (“The Project”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only.
- The Project grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site, for non- commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works there from, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Materials within this Site.
- Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various persons involved in the Project who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of their respective organisations.
- No waiver by the Project of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
- The contents of this Site do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Project
- The designations employed and the presentations of material in this Site do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Project concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city area or its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries or the designation of its name, frontiers or boundaries.
- The mention of a commercial entity or product in this website does not imply any endorsement by the Project
- Materials provided on this Site are provided "as is" and the Project specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials.
- Under no circumstances shall the Project be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto.
- The use of this Site is at the User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall the Project be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the Project has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify the Project from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of the User's use of this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Site or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- This Site may contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of The Project is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Project provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by The Project.
- If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), the User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- (a) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- (b) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- (c) Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefore as may be required by law;
- (d) Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- (e) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- (f) Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- (g) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
The Project reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any content of the Forums received from Users, including, without limitation, e-mail and bulletin board postings.
Preservation of immunities
Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of The Project, which are specifically reserved.
The Project reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. The Project shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith. The Project reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
The Project is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The Project may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 07 September 2020.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about your name and e-mail address if you register with us, for example to receive our news stories. Name and email addresses may also be collected when you request access to maps, graphics, photos and video resources.
What we do with the information we gather?
We collect information about you, if you agree, to email you our news stories and information we think may be of interest to you. We use your information to respond to your request for information and permission to use our online resources. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other organizations.
Links to Other Websites and Services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. As there is no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Christoph Wagner from Alfred-Wegener-Institut, Germany has been appointed as Data Protection Officer for Arctic PASSION.